ProTop Trends Dashboard Overview
To access historical trend data, use one of these methods:
- click on the resource in the ProTop Dashboard Resources Window or
- right click on the resource line and chose Trend Data or
- click on the resource in the Alerts window
This brings you to the Trends Dashboard:
NOTE: Listed below are the high level features of ProTop Trends which are covered in more detail below and on subsequent pages.
|1||Logo/Home||Click the logo or the Home link to return to the ProTop Dashboard|
|2||Current Site||Click to chose a different Site|
|3||Current Resource||Click to chose a different Resource of this Customer|
|4||Current Dashboard||Click to chose a different Trend Dashboard; see Trend Dashboards below|
|5||Time Frame and Refresh Interval||Change the date range and refresh interval for the data show in the graphs; see Time Frame below|
|6||Latest Status||Shows current values for certain critical resources|
|7||Platform Details||Shows platform details for this resource if available|
|8||General Info||The graphs are described in the following page|
- Main Dashboard: Provides a global view of database activity
- Table and Index Statistics ($$): Provides detailed CRUD statistics for individual tables and indexes
- Latches and Resources ($$): Display both latch and resource activity and waits
- Application AppServers ($$): Display detailed information on Webspeed brokers and classic appservers
- Server ($$): Provides detailed CPU, memory, disk and network statistics of the host
- Configuration ($$): Displays startup, database configuration and related configuration parameters
- Application Servers (all) ($$): Including PAS
- System Availability ($$): Database Uptime and Detected Outages
- Storage Statistics ($$): Database Space Usage and Efficiency by Component
Time Frame and Refresh Interval
In the upper right corner, you can select the time frame and auto-refresh interval by clicking on the appropriate button:
Clicking on the Time Frame buttom brings up the time range selector. You can select one of the pre-defined ranges or enter your own custom range.
Note that the free version of ProTop provides up to 48 hours of historical trend data. The commercial version of ProTop gives you access to up to 3 years of data, and if you convert from the free version to a commercial version, the historical data that accumulated while you were on the free version becomes visible.
Auto Refresh Interval
Clicking on the auto-refresh interval button brings up a list of possible intervals for automatically refreshing the graphs:
Graph Navigation Features
Hovering the cursor within any graph will bring up a vertical, thin red line designating a specific point in time. The same red line will appear at the same specific point in time in all the graphs on the page.
Additionally, a gray box will appear showing the data values at the designated time for fields listed. CAREFUL: Some data points use the left vertical axis while others, labeled with (right-y), use the right vertical axis.
Use the left mouse button to highlight a section of the graph, then release the button to zoom in on that section:
Click the header of any graph and choose "View" to expand that graph to fill the browser tab.
With focus on any graph, hit the letter "t" along with the left or right arrow to move the time range backward or forward: