This section contains instructions on how to install ProTop on Linux and Windows and optionally connect the ProTop installation to one of our global web portals.
Unless otherwise stated, UNIX refers to both UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- ProTop supports any operating system supported by the underlying OpenEdge version
- ProTop works with OpenEdge versions 9.1E and later, though support for versions prior to 10.2B is very limited
- MINIMUM Disk Space Requirements - You may need additional disk space for log files which will increase in size over time
- UNIX Installation requires AT LEAST 5 MB disk space
- Windows Installation requires AT LEAST 25 MB disk space
- If you wish to trend data on the free web portal, you must open port 80 or 443 outbound to the portal from which you downloaded ProTop
- On UNIX, an xterm-like terminal of at least 160 columns X 48 rows is required. Old VT100-style 80X25 emulators are not supported. Putty is probably the most popular free xterm emulator for Windows
- On Windows, the installer needs to run as Administrator as it will attempt to create a Protop Windows service
You can find detailed installation guides here:
If you need help or have questions, there are multiple resources available:
- Our Troubleshooting Guide covers the most common issues such as proxies and firewalls
- The ProTop Community is a great place to ask questions about how to use ProTop and how to interpret the data
- Of course, you can send us an email at any time and we'll do our best to respond within one business day